Pittsburgh's Only Box Travel Program
Following Denver’s national title, box lacrosse has moved from being the hot trend in training to being the new standard. The number of reps, the speed of play, and the demands on an athlete of playing in a much smaller space exponentially increase stick skills and produce ruthless goal scorers. 412 Elite is proud to enter our fourth winter of our travel box program.
Playing on a box travel team provides the same benefits of playing on a field travel team (exposure to new coaches, new teammates, advanced competition, and traveling to new places), super charges your stick skills and ability to play in traffic.
Evaluations and Training Camp
Our second evaluation training camp is August 26 and 27. Players evaluated on the following criteria:
- Willingness to embrace box concepts and strategy
- Previous high level box experiences, local winter leagues are not high level
- Being left handed vs. right handed
The winter schedule will include out of state travel and in state play.
High school fall athletes will not be required to attend the August event in order to be on the team. However, if you're a family who plans to only attend one of your team's out of state events, please do not tryout for the squad.
January 14-15 Capital Classic Sterling, VA (All teams)
January 20-21 Battle at the Barn Fort Wayne, Indiana (HS teams)
February 18-19 Steel City Cup Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (All teams)
Film Review January 18th, 25th
Athletes expected to be in team hotel night before tournaments for meetings
Evaluation cost: $75
Bantam/Pee Wee Team cost: $825
Intermediate/Midget Team cost: $1125
Goalies are free and will be provided with equipment. Interested athletes should contact email@example.com
MEET THE DIRECTOR
We are thrilled to announce J.A. MacDougall, current assistant at Shady Side, as our new Box Director. Take a quick look at Coach MacDougall's career below.
- 2005 Canadian National Field Lacrosse Champion Hamilton Bengals
- 2005 Ontario Lacrosse Association Junior A Draft Pick 1 st Pick of 2nd Round (13th Overall) Toronto Beaches
- 2009 Mercyhurst University Lakers Men’s Lacrosse (Midfield/Attack)
- 2011 NCAA DII Men’s Lacrosse National Champions
- 2012 Mercyhurst Lacrosse Senior Captain
- 2012 Erie Flagship Lacrosse Director of Box Lacrosse Operations
- 2016 Waingels College (UK) Lacrosse Program Founder
- 2016 Men’s South of England Midfielder British National Championships
In the fall of 2017, 412 Elite enters our fourth season. The first year of our Box Travel was something we offered as a way for youth players to escape the mediocrity and low intensity of indoor leagues, but when we saw 5th and 6th graders from New Jersey who had better stick skills than varsity attackmen in Pittsburgh we knew we had to double down on our efforts to expose Pittsburgh to legitimate box lacrosse. The next two seasons have featured four teams and a summer training camp with NLL stars Mark Matthews and Shayne Jackson. We shifted from considering box to be a fade to making it the foundation of how train Pittsburgh lacrosse players.
Did You Know
- Three box players were named high school All Americans in 2017, 1 box player earned the honor in 2016
- Athletes have access to a video playbook to review tactics and scheme, highlight tapes are provided to add to athlete's Sports Recruits profile
- 19/20 Team captured the 2017 B Division title at the USBOXLA Battle of the Barn in Indianapolis
- Four of six 2017 D1 commits played one or two seasons of Box Travel over the last two winters
- Coming off of box season, Mt. Lebanon's Connor Brumfield scored 29 goals in 9 games with a 70% shooting percentage
HILTON GARDEN INN
22400 FLAGSTAFF PLAZA, ASHBURN VA
20 Queen/queen rooms, $99 per night plus taxes
TEAM BOOKING DEADLINE
12:01 AM, Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Your Team's Dedicated Booking Link:
The tentative schedule is for MS teams to play both Sunday and Monday and HS teams to just play Monday. The tournament director said that is subject to change. We will be able to cancel rooms three days prior without penalty and will surely know the tournament schedule before that deadline
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hyatt Place’s toll free number at 1-888-492-8847 or if they would like to make their reservations online they would need to follow the following steps:
-In the ‘Make A Reservation’ section, select date and click ‘special rates’
Note: Date must be in the range the group block was set-up for January 19-21, will receive error code if attempting to book outside of block dates.
-Under the corporate or group code box, enter the following group code: G-412E
-Click ‘check availability’ and follow the prompts to complete the reservation
As a reminder, your cut-off date for the block is JANUARY 1ST, 2018 . Any rooms not reserved after this date will be dropped from the block.
*They have a small amount of two bed rooms and the rest are king beds with full size pull out beds.