Pittsburgh's longest running Travel Program
Following Denver’s national title, box lacrosse has moved from being the hot trend in training to being the new standard. The number of reps, the speed of play, and the demands on an athlete of playing in a much smaller space exponentially increase stick skills and produce ruthless goal scorers. 412 Elite is proud to enter our fourth winter of our travel box program.
Playing on a box travel team provides the same benefits of playing on a field travel team (exposure to new coaches, new teammates, advanced competition, and traveling to new places), super charges your stick skills and ability to play in traffic.
- August 24-25 Shootaround
- November 23 12-3pm, 5-7pm Evals & Training Camp
- December 27 12-3pm, 5-7pm, December 28 12-3pm Training Camp
- January 12-13 NXT Chicago Indoor Championships - Naperville, Illinois
- February 17 Steel City Cup - Harmarville, Pennsylvania
Join the Program
Contact email@example.com to join or attend November Evaluation Training Camp
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join
Goalies play for free and are provided with equipment must still register for evals.
The high school teams will likely follow the typical box make up of 9/10th grade and 11/12th grade rosters however we will also consider fielding single graduation year teams. At the youth level, we will field 7/8th grade and 5/6th grade teams.
Rosters are capped 18 runners and 2 goalies. See above notes on what we will look for at the evaluation camp. Additionally, we have made a point to bring in out of area players to strengthen the program. This practice will continue for 2018-2019.
In the fall of 2018, 412 Elite enters our fifth season. The first year of our Box Travel was something we offered as a way for youth players to escape the mediocrity and low intensity of indoor leagues, but when we saw 5th and 6th graders from New Jersey who had better stick skills than varsity attackmen in Pittsburgh we knew we had to double down on our efforts to expose Pittsburgh to legitimate box lacrosse. The next two seasons have featured four teams and a summer training camp with NLL stars Mark Matthews and Shayne Jackson. We shifted from considering box to be a fade to making it the foundation of how train Pittsburgh lacrosse players. Last year, coaches from St. Catherine's Canada came to work with the program in the summer and the Canadian club Hard Cor came to town in February for competition.
Did You Know
- Three box players were named high school All Americans in 2017, 1 box player earned the honor in 2016
- 19/20 Team captured the 2017 B Division title at the USBOXLA Battle of the Barn in Indianapolis
- Four of six 2017 D1 commits played one or two seasons of Box Travel over the last two winters
- Coming off of box season, Mt. Lebanon's Connor Brumfield scored 29 goals in 9 games with a 70% shooting percentage, he scored once in his first career college game