Pittsburgh's Only Box Travel Program
Following Denver’s national title, box lacrosse has moved from being the hot trend in training to being the new standard. The number of reps, the speed of play, and the demands on an athlete of playing in a much smaller space exponentially increase stick skills and produce ruthless goal scorers. 412 Elite is proud to enter our fourth winter of our travel box program.
Playing on a box travel team provides the same benefits of playing on a field travel team (exposure to new coaches, new teammates, advanced competition, and traveling to new places), super charges your stick skills and ability to play in traffic.
Evaluations and Training Camp
Our second evaluation training camp is August 26 and 27. Players evaluated on the following criteria:
- Willingness to embrace box concepts and strategy
- Previous high level box experiences, local winter leagues are not high level
- Being left handed vs. right handed
Intermediate 2018/2019, Midget 2020/2021, Bantam 2022/2023, Pee Wee 2024/2025
412 Elite's Box Travel Program is open to all athletes regardless of field club affiliation. For the 2016-2017 season, we cut our field players as well as invited players from other clubs and are willing to do the same this coming season. If you cannot attend evaluations, please reach out to Coach Perella firstname.lastname@example.org so we can accommodate you.
The winter schedule will include out of state travel and in state play.
High school fall athletes will not be required to attend the August event in order to be on the team. However, if you're a family who plans to only attend one of your team's out of state events, please do not tryout for the squad.
November 24 Training Camp at PISA
December 2-3 Pipeline Tournament Louisville, KY (MS/Youth Teams Only)
December 27-29 Sea Island Tournament Charleston, SC (HS Teams Only)
January 14-15, 2018 Capital Classic Sterling, VA (All teams)
February 18-19 Steel City Cup Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (All four teams)
Practices December 5th, 12th, 19th @ SWGR 630-8:00PM (youth teams) 8:00-9:30PM (high school teams)
Film Review January 10th, 17th, 24th
Athletes expected to be in team hotel night before tournaments for meetings
Training Camp/Evaluation Registration and Schedule
November 24 Training Camp
Time: 2-4pm 2022-2025s, 4-8pm 2018-2021s
Evaluation cost: $75
Bantam/Pee Wee Team cost: $825
Intermediate/Midget Team cost: $1125
Goalies are free and will be provided with equipment. Interested athletes should contact email@example.com
MEET THE DIRECTOR
We are thrilled to announce J.A. MacDougall, current assistant at Shady Side, as our new Box Director. Take a quick look at Coach MacDougall's career below.
- 2005 Canadian National Field Lacrosse Champion Hamilton Bengals
- 2005 Ontario Lacrosse Association Junior A Draft Pick 1 st Pick of 2nd Round (13th Overall) Toronto Beaches
- 2009 Mercyhurst University Lakers Men’s Lacrosse (Midfield/Attack)
- 2011 NCAA DII Men’s Lacrosse National Champions
- 2012 Mercyhurst Lacrosse Senior Captain
- 2012 Erie Flagship Lacrosse Director of Box Lacrosse Operations
- 2016 Waingels College (UK) Lacrosse Program Founder
- 2016 Men’s South of England Midfielder British National Championships
In the fall of 2017, 412 Elite enters our fourth season. The first year of our Box Travel was something we offered as a way for youth players to escape the mediocrity and low intensity of indoor leagues, but when we saw 5th and 6th graders from New Jersey who had better stick skills than varsity attackmen in Pittsburgh we knew we had to double down on our efforts to expose Pittsburgh to legitimate box lacrosse. The next two seasons have featured four teams and a summer training camp with NLL stars Mark Matthews and Shayne Jackson. We shifted from considering box to be a fade to making it the foundation of how train Pittsburgh lacrosse players.
Did You Know
- Three box players were named high school All Americans in 2017, 1 box player earned the honor in 2016
- Athletes have access to a video playbook to review tactics and scheme, highlight tapes are provided to add to athlete's Sports Recruits profile
- 19/20 Team captured the 2017 B Division title at the USBOXLA Battle of the Barn in Indianapolis
- Four of six 2017 D1 commits played one or two seasons of Box Travel over the last two winters
- Coming off of box season, Mt. Lebanon's Connor Brumfield scored 29 goals in 9 games with a 70% shooting percentage
Louisville - Staybridge Suites We have a block of rooms set up for parents to call in for December 1 & 2, 2017.
Please call the hotel directly at (502) 244-9511 and reference the Pipeline Box Lacrosse (PBL) group block.