Five Days of Lacrosse, Six Days of Touring
Spend a portion of your summer traveling in Amsterdam, Manchester, and London
June 27 - Depart New York City for Amsterdam
June 28 - Arrive in London. Connecting flight to Amsterdam. Check in at hostel. Walk through practice on site.
June 29 - Lowlands Lacrosse Tournament
June 30 - Lowlands Lacrosse Tournament
July 1 - Lowlands Lacrosse Tournament
July 2 - Depart Amsterdam for England. Transfer from London to Manchester. Visit to Old Trafford Football Stadium
July 3 - Guided Chester “Tudor” City Tour in the morning. Match 1 in the afternoon.
July 4 - Guided Liverpool “Beatles” City Tour in the morning. Match 2 in the afternoon.
July 5 - Transfer by coach to London, via Stratford-upon-Avon and Shakespeare’s Birthplace
July 6 - Full day guided London “Capital” City Tour including Tower of London, Thames River Cruise and London Eye
July 7 - Full day escorted tour to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and lunch in Eton
July 8 - Depart London for New York City
England tours and/or dates of tours subject to change but the tour will feature two scrimmages.
Expect to play against men's teams throughout the duration of the trip. The coaching staff will have high expectations and hold our players accountable to help prepare recent high school graduates for the mental grind of college fall ball and to keep current college players sharp. Playing time will be even during the scrimmages in London but man up/man down units may be utilized for the Lowlands Tournament. Players will receive a very small playbook to review in advance of the trip. The playbook will be adjusted as needed during the tournament.
Current high school seniors through current college seniors
Safety and Behavior
- Two coach chaperones
- Players must have working cell phone
- Two stage curfew, inside the hostel then inside player rooms, athletes that violate curfew will forfeit the remainder of the trip and be dropped off at the airport
- Although the drinking rules are different overseas, athletes who are under the age of 21 and cannot manage this freedom will forfeit the remainder of the trip and be dropped off at the airport, this trip is first about experience different cultures and then about playing lacrosse but it is not an excuse to drink
England Tour Powered by Sweet Chariot
- An executive coach and driver to be with you throughout your tour (subject to EC regulations on coach drivers' hours)
- 6 nights of multishare Youth Hostel Accommodation on a B&B basis
- Entrances: Old Trafford, Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Tower of London, Thames River Cruise and London Eye, Stonehenge and Windsor Castle (including lunch in Eton or nearby)
- A Meet & Greet on arrival, city tours of Chester, Liverpool and London and a Tour Escort for Day 6.
Amsterdam Room and Board
- Amsterdam Via Hostel Diemerhof 20 1112XN Diemen The Netherlands
24h reception / luggage storage / lockers / laundry facilities / bedsheets included / free wifi / breakfast / bicycle rental / restaurant / bar / cinema room / games & entertainment / events & activities / travel shop / chill-out areas / guest kitchen.
Projected Flight Schedule
27 JUNE JFK LHR 930P 935A 28 JUNE
28 JUNE LHR AMS 1145A 205P 28 JUNE
02 JULY AMS LHR 255P 320P 02 JULY
08 JULY LHR JFK 1120A 205P 08 JULY
Reminder, travel costs associated with being in New York before or after the flights are not covered by player dues.
Dues and Fundraising
- $4500 per player
- $2000 deposit, $1500 February 1, $1000 March 1
- Includes airfare from New York JFK airport, housing, breakfast, two coaches, uniform, Sweet Chariot programming listed above, Lowlands tournament registration
- DOES NOT INCLUDE: travel to and from New York, lunch, most dinners, airplane bag fees (d poles will be collected by team), any ground transportation during free time/dinner
- Family members are encouraged to join and will pay a reduced rate
- Fundraising is powered by Snap! a social donation platform developed through years of fundraising experience as a fundraising solution for groups small and large
- Fundraising component will begin as soon as the roster reaches 15 players, likely early 2018, any funds collected will offset future dues owed, payments previously collected will be refunded should fundraising generate more
- No limit to fundraising
Top reasons to travel abroad while you are young:
- You’ll Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Traveling Builds Confidence
- You Will Develop Cultural Sensitivity
- You Can Adapt to Globalization
- Infinite Opportunities to Network